Flying Blue publishes its promo reward tickets every month.
These offers are for select routes across an array of booking classes. They have to be booked in the month they are released but you can use them to book multiple trips several months into the future.
For the December promo deals,
- You must book your tickets in the month of December, and
- Your travel dates go until 31 May 2023. More details here.
What’s the hype about the deal this month?
This month’s Flying Blue Promo gives you 25% off or more on select award tickets when you travel on Air France or KLM.
Short-haul flights within Europe cost you under 6000 points.
But, here’s the killer deal.
The long-haul flights from select cities in the US, Mexico, and Canada offer very low rates even for Business Class.
Economy Class (points):
- Detroit from 11250
- Atlanta from 15750
- Austin from 18375
Business Class (points)
- Montreal from 27500
- Mexico City from 30000
- Toronto from 41250
Example Trip: Atlanta, GA, USA to Dresden, Germany
Consider this trip from Atlanta to Dresden.
For a trip in February, here’s what the Air France/KLM calendar looks like.
Can this get cheaper?
Turns out, yes!
If you are an AmEx Rewards card holder, the Amex to Flying Blue transfer bonus is 25%.
What does that mean?
It means that instead of 15,750 points, you will only have to transfer 12,600 AmEx points to Flying Blue for the same ticket.
Also, if you have credit cards from AmEx, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Marriott, BREX, and Bilt that earn transferable currencies, then you’re in luck.
Because Flying Blue is a transfer partner with their rewards programs and you can easily earn and transfer points to book your tickets.
General Conditions (as mentioned on their website)
- Promo reward tickets must be booked via www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for minors traveling alone or when traveling with an infant under the age of 2, in these cases bookings must be made by calling customer service).
- Promo reward tickets issued before 29 June 2022 can be changed or canceled free of charge. Promo reward tickets issued as of 29 June 2022 can be changed or canceled for a fee of €50. For details, contact customer service.
- Promo reward tickets are subject to the operating airline’s general conditions of carriage.
- Promo reward tickets are available for one-way and round-trip tickets paid with Miles (Promo reward tickets are not available for purchase with Miles & Cash).
- Promo reward tickets are subject to availability.
- Displayed Miles Fares for Long Haul destinations are for flights to/from Paris or Amsterdam.
- Promo reward tickets for long haul-flights depart from or arrive in Europe, as defined by IATA as the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Balearic Islands, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, West Russia.
- Due to COVID-19 we have an updated rebook policy for Promo rewards, which you can read here: https://www.flyingblue.com/en/news/rebook-policy